During the month of July 2012 data was collected for the 20 reformulated indicators in the Common Report Card 2012. This process considered the information reported last year in order to identify any progress with regard to legislation in the forest sector. The methodology used to draw up the common report card is formed of three stages, which are:
- Desk research stage, which consisted of bringing together documents, laws, reports and news linked to the topics set out in the report card.
- Fieldwork stage, which consisted of reviewing the websites of the institutions associated with the forest sector (and the Peruvian System of Legal Information), meetings with specialists and requests for information.
- Systematisation of the information and verification stage, in which the information collected during the two stages was used to check the progress made and changes in each of the questions in the indicators to be evaluated, thus initiating the process of filling in templates.
It is important to point out that checking the availability of and access to the information required by the indicators involved an evaluation of the public institutions with responsibilities in the Peruvian forest sector. Their websites are the following:
- Congress of the Republic of Peru (http://www.congreso.gob.pe/)
- Public Ombudsman (http://www.defensoria.gob.pe/)
- General Directorate for Forests and Wildlife (http://dgffs.minag.gob.pe/)
- Regional Government of Loreto (http://www.regionloreto.gob.pe/)
- Regional Government of Madre de Dios (http://www.regionmadrededios.gob.pe/goremad/)
- Regional Government of San Martín (http://www.regionsanmartin.gob.pe/)
- Regional Government of Ucayali (http://www.regionucayali.gob.pe/)
- Ministry of Agriculture (http://www.minag.gob.pe/portal/)
- Environment Ministry (http://www.minam.gob.pe/)
- Ministry of Foreign Trade and Tourism (http://www.mincetur.gob.pe/newweb/)
- Ministry of Economy and Finances (http://www.mef.gob.pe/)
- Environmental Evaluation and Oversight Body (http://www.oefa.gob.pe/)
- Body for Supervision of Forest and Wildlife Resources (http://www.osinfor.gob.pe/portal/inicio.htm)
- Office of the President of the Council of Ministers (http://www.pcm.gob.pe/transparencia.html)
- National Department for State-Protected Natural Areas (http://www.sernanp.gob.pe/sernanp/)